How to Poach an Egg (Thus Making Every Lunch Infinitely Better)
- Make sure your eggs are really fresh.
- Add a small dash of vinegar to a pan of steadily boiling water.
- Crack eggs individually into a ramekin or cup.
- Create a gentle whirlpool in the water (hint: use a spatula handle) to help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly tip the egg into the water, white first. Leave to cook for three to five minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, cutting off any wispy edges using the edge of the spoon.
I’ve added this to just about every damn meal I can think of. Including this insanely delicious salad. All you need is:
- baby arugula
- one egg
- bacon bits (optional)
- sun-dried tomato spread (lower in calorie than the oil based chunks)
- shredded parmesan
- lemon juice
- smoked paprika
Prep salad by soaking it in lemon juice and tossing it with the bacon, parmesan, and salt & pepper. Create bed of tomato spread for egg to rest on. Poach egg using above instructions. Lay egg on tomato, then sprinkle with paprika. Viola!